Students started the day by reflecting on how their reading has changed since we began our reading program in September and what they still would like to improve upon. Things such as fluency, visualization, deeper questions, building stamina are all skills students want to work on as we move forward this year.
Displacement theory was introduced through discovery learning in Science this afternoon. Students practised finding the volume of an irregular object which led them to a better understanding of this theory.
1) LA - Book review - use the feedback I gave you on your google drive document and create draft 3. Do not resolve the comments as this is part of the steps to your learning. I will not get to the last of the book reviews until tomorrow morning but I will send feedback as early in the morning as possible.
2) Math - grade 7s Mr. Hong - complete any unfinished worksheets
Ms Wislon - 3.5 (or is it 3.6?) worksheet
- grade 6s pg 319 #2,3,4
3) Socials - write out 10 thoughtful, open ended questions you want to ask your ancestor. If you would like these approved this weekend so you can start the interview please email me the questions or create a document on google drive and share with me. Don't forget to include your name and the name/relationship of who you are learning about.
4) French - les math due Wednesday
5) Goal Check - do one thing you set out to do on your interim: practise reading out loud, practise your multiplication, do some writing and have a parent give you feedback. It is important to practise for us to improve at anything.
Items to remember
- Grad 7 grad wear order - sizes are at school to try on
- Think We Toonie Drive - Please bring toonies any time next week to help the leadership team reach their goal of raising funds for clean water and sanitation in Ghana! It would be awesome if every student from Division 1 brought in one toonie to donate to this fundraiser.