Learning Intention: I can compare the laws of Hammurabi to current Canadian laws.
1) Math - Grade 7s - pg 156/157 #3-7, 10, 12 - 15; mark your work; bring in two nutritional labels from snack foods
- Grade 6s - Mrs. Van - worksheets
- Mrs. Farrell - worksheets
2) French - oral quiz - jeudi; look up 3 - 5 emotions - jeudi
3) Socials - discuss with parents a couple of the scenarios presented today with the laws. Ask your parents what the punishment would be under the Canadian Code of Law. For exsmple, if a wife or husband belittled or mentally abused their spouse, what would the law do to protect the victim? Take time to work through some of the scenarios so you have a better understanding of our laws.
Comment: Now that we have begun to start looking more closely at Hammurabi's Laws, which law, do you think, had the most severe punishment for what the crime was ? In other words, which seems to be the most unreasonable? Explain your thinking.
Below you will find the track schedule for the month of April. Please know when your event practises are.