As the Olympics are only a week away, all five divisions of grade 6/7s will be celebrating this event and tying it into our culture unit. Today students chose a country that they wished to learn more about with their flag. A bit of quick research began with guiding questions and then groups began to create a flag. The intermediate open area will be transformed into the Olympic Village. I can;t wait to see the flags all posted up and the festivities begin next week.
1) LA - Revised on Sunday morning: watch for the feedback this weekend on your heroism essays. It is taking some time to go through all of your writing so it may not be completed for Sunday night. WATCH YOUR EMAILS! New due date - Wednesday, Feb. 5 printed off at home please.
2) Socials - all presentations will begin next week. All students need to ensure they check over the criteria as they are completing this project. Each student will share with me not only their presentation but their notes, paragraphs and bibliography after they have shared with the class.
3) Math - grade 6s - nothing formal but practise placing fractions on a number line
- grade 7s - Mrs. Farrell - get quiz signed and do corrections
- Mr. Hong - pg. 63 #1 - 9
Mrs. Van - corrections done on quiz, signed
4) 2014 Art/goal setting - complete the 2014 for Monday
5 ) Video Link: Nearly 4 years ago Vancouver celebrated the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Please take a bit of time to watch the ceremony to help remind yourselves of the importance of sport, fair play, and respect of people around the globe.
Comment - What parts of Canadian culture were shared in the opening ceremonies? What do the summer and winter Olympics mean to you?
Tuesday, Feb. 4 - Walking to Clayton Heights to see Band Performance. Must be at school by 8:25.
Friday, Feb. 7 - Olympic Day - wear your Canadian gear from the 2010 Olympics or any Canadian items. Bring your souvenirs, or wear red and white. Let's Go Canada!
Tuesday, Feb. 11 - Multicultural Day - Bring an item of food to share, if you can, from your home country. All of the grade 6&7s will be sharing these items. You will not need to feed the crowd just a small amount to share. The afternoon will be the Olympic Games in the gym.