After recess we invited our little buddies to our class and learned out to make mosaics inspired by First Nations artist, Jerry White head. Our students were great role models for their little buddies and demonstrated excellent leadership.
Today was also the last day in class for our international student, Ryan. In honour of Ryan, the students took pictures and feasted on doughnuts (compliments of Mrs. Middleton). Best of luck back in Korea, Ryan – you will be missed!
1) Math - Grade 6s – Geometry Re-quiz - Monday
Mr. Hong – p. 211-212 questions 7-17 – due Monday
Mrs. Farrell – Worksheet 5.4 – due Monday
2) Writing – Finish expository essay draft (if you didn’t finish in class) and share with Mr. Fourchalk on Google Drive (firstname.lastname@example.org) - due Monday
3) Drama – 5 Scene Tableau – sharing on Friday (Mar. 6) - think about possible props and costumes you can use (with Mr. Fourchalk’s approval).
4) French - Qui est-ce? assignment (good copy) - due Mar. 3 (Tuesday)
5) Reading - March Book Madness – look at the books in the middle school bracket (http://marchbookmadness.weebly.com/mg-novel-bracket.html) and decide which ones you would like to advance to the next round. We will discuss on Monday.
1) Monday, March 2 - Report Cards sent home
2) Tuesday, March 3 - Castle Fun Park - Term 2 celebration field trip
3) Wednesday, March 5 and Thursday, March 6 - early dismissal - parent/teacher interviews
4) Friday, March 7 - last day before Spring Break
5) Monday, March 23 - school restart after Spring Break
Comment: You learned many different things this week. Discuss your biggest learning, takeaway, or moment that made you stop and think. Why was this thing the most important? Explain.