What an exciting day we had at Hillcrest. Starting with the Christmas concert, some of our grade sevens displayed their musical talents in the band, and then a couple of our grade 6 girls had a chance to show off their skills on the recorder. After the concert students got crafty making their snowmen; they were so cute. Finally, it was Genius Hour share day. Everyone shared their learning with some grade 3 visitors as well as other grade 6 and 7 students. I very much enjoyed hearing about the projects and listened to the knowledge gained as they followed their passions. The cake that Hannah made was so yummy. Everyone would like her to do her next GH project on this again :) Check out the Genius Hour tab for a gallery of pictures from today.
A late shout out to two of our students for making the week 15 100 Word Challenge Showcase. Congratulations to Tak and Jazzy Pants!
1) Genius Hour - complete the reflection sheet with thought and care. You all loved working on Genius Hour so make sure to reflect your learning in your reflection. Due Friday. Take your time and be very careful with printing; you can type this up if you would like.
2) Aquarium Trip - please be at school before 8:30. Bring a bag lunch. Also, bring a device that can take pictures. This is important! I have a cameras for those who do not have a device such as ipod, phone, or their own camera.
3) Friday activities -
- Genius Hour share to our class
- please bring something that you can take your soapstone home in. It needs to protect your soapstone from scratches.
- activitiy afternoon - bring a board game if you wish to play a board game after lunch.
Parents who are driving to the aquarium - with the new forms that we are using I will need to see your insurance papers to confirm information. Please bring your papers in when you arrive so that we can complete the paperwork. Sorry for the inconvenience but these new forms just came out from the school district.