As we prepared to submit week 5 of the 100 Word Challenge students had a chance to hear from their peers what they could do to improve their learning. The learning intention was to use descriptive phrases that create strong images. So in groups students gave suggestions to create those wows. Students have found such value in hearing from their peers. The next step is key - to implement those suggestions. Parents, have a look at your child's 100 WC write and encourage them to make the changes to improve. A famous children's author, Marie-Louise Gay, commented the other night that her picture books can take up to a year to write - that's a lot of revising.
1) LA - 100 WC - revision due Friday
2) Math - grade 7s pg 10 (worksheet) #3,5,6,8,9
- grade 6s Mr. Hong - please check his website
Mrs. Farrell - worksheet
3) Soapstone notice
4) Work on your websites - over the next few days the grade 6s need to complete their About Me page. Read over some of the websites from last year to get a sense of what you can put on it. Show your parents your new website and share your website address.
Grouse Grind tomorrow. Be prepared for colder temperatures. Bring a bag lunch, water, snacks. Dress in layers.
Working together to improve a group project.
It has been a truly wonderful week of learning in Division 1. Lots of time spent working with others, pushing each other's thinking, digging deeper into our reflective practises and enjoying the process of learning were all visible this week; so rewarding to be teaching this amazing group of young people.
I hope all the students enjoy their weekend off and will be ready to tackle new projects, new novels, new learning intentions next week. We are on the final 2 months of this year and I am looking forward to seeing even more growth in the students.
1) Socials project - Each group is to email me an attachment of their finished brochures for Sunday morning. I would like to get them printed off on Sunday.
2) Planetarium notice due Monday
3) Mini meet track notice due Monday
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass