What is a Newton and what does it have to do with weight, mass and gravity? Using spring scales students were given an opportunity to weigh objects using a Newton scale. Tomorrow we will review what mass is, what gravity is and what weight is.
1) Math - grade 7s - pg 256/257 #3,4,5,7,9; quiz on Tuesday
- grade 6s - pictograph worksheet; finish tally sheet
****2) Science - I was disappointed when I looked over some of the sheets that were completed in Science during the TOC time today. Many of you rushed the work, especially the bottom question and back page. If you know that you rushed, put one word answers, or scribbled through your work you have an opportunity to redo/improve what you handed in. You will need to come in to class early tomorrow morning to improve the quality of the work on this assignment. Arriving at 8:25 is not enough time! Some students have not handed theirs in and this needs to be done before 8:40. If you do not wish to improve I will mark it as is and this will be the reflection of your learning for this concept.
Riddle of the Day by Saucy Sausage: If I drink I die. If I eat I am fine. What am I? Congrats to Cookie Monster for answering yesterday's riddle.
Comments: What goal do you need to set for yourself to end the year on a positive note? It may be a behaviour goal, homework goal, in class goal - we all need to work on at least one thing at all times. My goal is to be more patient and listen more carefully to each student. To do this I will put a sign on the front table to breathe three deep breaths when I feel that my patience is running low. I will quietly remind myself to 'be present' so that I can hear each child and not be thinking about my to do list.
Grade 6s are now done! I was very impressed with how well the 6s presented the speeches today. So much confidence in their presence. Many had almost completely memorized their speeches and were able to make great eye contact with the crowd. This is a very difficult thing to do and they all should be very proud of themselves. They have set the bar high for the grade 7s.
1) Speeches - grade 7s - work on memorizing the speeches. You will have time to practise tomorrow but tonight practise in front of your family. Remember to add expression into your tone.
2) Math - grade 7s - ask your parents, look around you, what are three places in your life that we use and see integers (cannot use stock market, elevation or golf).
- grade 6s - create a questionnaire with at least four choices for answers
3) Science - Video Watch the link and post a comment.
- What is something new you learned about friction?
- Explain why the gravitational pull is different on each planet.
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass