Did you eat your fruits and veggies today?
Wow, what a busy day again. If each day goes as today it will be no time before the end of the year is here and we won't have had time to blink!
Students learned how to properly address an envelope to go in the mail - a lost skill with emails. They were handing in their LA assignment on writing a letter from the perspective of the character. I wanted the handing in to feel like they were sending the letter in the mail so students were introduced to this ancient form of communication.
In Math students began to develop an understanding of integers. The principle of zero was introduced as students used counters, number lines, pictures and symbols to better understand this new concept.
1) LA - continue to read and blog. Please ensure your blogging self assessment has been completed.
2) Science - each student is to work on formalizing their information for their team. Remember that each of you is required to hand in an individual report as well as creating one project with the group. I would recommend you spend time writing up some of your information into paragraphs tonight. Don't forget to keep track of your resources. A minimum of three must be documented.
3) Math - Watch the integers video that we started to watch today. Integers
4) Just checking in on your websites. In the comments section please let me know if you have added anything new to your websites lately.
Looking for upcoming dates? Please check the side bar for the google calendar icon.
Learning to play Chinese skipping with buddies.
Chinese skipping, book club, research, food and nutrition - learning took many forms in our class today.
It was wonderful to see so many smiling faces, and hear the laughter as the grade 6/7s learned Chinese skipping along with our grade 3 buddies. This was a favorite activity of mine when I was in elementary and so was happy to see Ms Dufault pull out the elastics and taught everyone the basics of this great activity.
In Science students continued to take notes on their big question for the extreme environments project. There will be one more day for note taking before groups begin to develop their projects.
Finally, at end the day students started to investigate their food and activity levels as we began our health and career unit on healthy living.
1) LA - complete letter in the perspective of a character - due Tuesday
- blog at least once this weekend and respond to others in your group
2) Science - continue with research for your project. Some of you have taken a substantial amount of notes where others have only taken down a couple. If you have much to do, spend time this weekend catching up. You do not want to hold your group up.
Important Information: There has been a change in the track and field date. It has been moved to Thursday, June 6.
Parents of Grade 7s - please remember to send in the order form for tickets re:Newlands lunch on June 26 and dance that evening.
No School on Monday as it is a Professional Day.
Video Link: Pease watch the video as an introduction to our integers unit on Tuesday.
Introduction to Negative Numbers
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass