Grade 6s are now done! I was very impressed with how well the 6s presented the speeches today. So much confidence in their presence. Many had almost completely memorized their speeches and were able to make great eye contact with the crowd. This is a very difficult thing to do and they all should be very proud of themselves. They have set the bar high for the grade 7s.
1) Speeches - grade 7s - work on memorizing the speeches. You will have time to practise tomorrow but tonight practise in front of your family. Remember to add expression into your tone.
2) Math - grade 7s - ask your parents, look around you, what are three places in your life that we use and see integers (cannot use stock market, elevation or golf).
- grade 6s - create a questionnaire with at least four choices for answers
3) Science - Video Watch the link and post a comment.
- What is something new you learned about friction?
- Explain why the gravitational pull is different on each planet.
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass