During our time reading The One and Only Ivan I saw so much excitement and enthusiasm for this book. Your questions are thought provoking, your visualizations are showing a high level of understanding of the book, and you are noticing some exceptionally powerful language the author has used to keep us hooked in the story.
The day was ended with a chorus of disappointed "ahhs" when I said it was home time. You were all deeply focused on your Science project, researching and creating a model to demonstrate your knowledge around the 5 kingdoms. Nothing is more satisfying to a teacher than to hear the disappointment of having to shut down your work especially on a Friday afternoon. Our visitor, Mrs. Linda Chau from JT Brown Elementary left stating she was so inspired by what she saw in our classroom this afternoon - your enthusiam, your engagement and the ownership of your learning - amazing.
1) Journal - publish your 5th journal on your website. Use the peer feedback that was given to you last Monday to help guide your writing.
2) Science - continue to research information and add to your project. You will have one more class period to work on this assignment. Use your criteria sheet to guide what you are doing - it is clearly stated so you know what is expected.
3) Precepts banner - due Monday
4) Math - see Thursday's homework post - due Monday
5) Three students have not completed the Community Questionnaire that was sent to your gmail. Please do so if you are one of the three.
6) If you have time, work on improving your websites. Many of you are getting visitors from outside Canada so it is important to show your best to the global community.