Ski Forms - Please return the ski/snowboarding forms for the Whister ski trip as soon as you can. This is an awesome opportunity and one that many students remember as a highlight of their year.
It was a very powerful learning day for all of you in Division 1. Working alongside Ms Findlay's class, improving your ability to use description in your writing was just one example of the learning today.
During our time reading The One and Only Ivan I saw so much excitement and enthusiasm for this book. Your questions are thought provoking, your visualizations are showing a high level of understanding of the book, and you are noticing some exceptionally powerful language the author has used to keep us hooked in the story.
The day was ended with a chorus of disappointed "ahhs" when I said it was home time. You were all deeply focused on your Science project, researching and creating a model to demonstrate your knowledge around the 5 kingdoms. Nothing is more satisfying to a teacher than to hear the disappointment of having to shut down your work especially on a Friday afternoon. Our visitor, Mrs. Linda Chau from JT Brown Elementary left stating she was so inspired by what she saw in our classroom this afternoon - your enthusiam, your engagement and the ownership of your learning - amazing.
1) Journal - publish your 5th journal on your website. Use the peer feedback that was given to you last Monday to help guide your writing.
2) Science - continue to research information and add to your project. You will have one more class period to work on this assignment. Use your criteria sheet to guide what you are doing - it is clearly stated so you know what is expected.
3) Precepts banner - due Monday
4) Math - see Thursday's homework post - due Monday
5) Three students have not completed the Community Questionnaire that was sent to your gmail. Please do so if you are one of the three.
6) If you have time, work on improving your websites. Many of you are getting visitors from outside Canada so it is important to show your best to the global community.
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass