1) Math - grade 6s: Ms H - worksheet
Ms W - pg 193 #2-6, and worksheet
- grade 7s: Mr. S - pg 162 #1 - 6, 8 - 11
Mrs. M - pg 4.4
2) Curling - see below and don't forget your clean shoes!!
The Cloverdale Rink has been having an issue with salt coming into the lobby of their club. If it is not dealt with properly, it can and does find its way to the ice which leads to it some very serious affects on the quality and effectiveness of the curling ice. Here is what we have been asked to do to help alleviate the issue:
- Adhere to the 'No Street Shoes' rule. Never use any shoes you have walked across our lot in to curl with. Students must bring a clean pair of shoes with them to the rink. If you have indoor shoes at school, you can bring those with you, otherwise you need to bring a pair from home. No clean shoes, no curling!
- Give your street shoes that you've worn into the lobby, a really good wipe on the front mat. This helps deal with the salt that makes its way into the club from the street and parking lot.
- Before you go on the ice, give your curling shoes/grippers a really good cleaning using the Boot Boys located before the doors to the rink.
It is also recommended that you wear warm loose stretchy clothing (jeans are not suitable, sweat pants are best) and dress in layers (light jacket, sweater etc.). You may also want to bring a pair of gloves.
Comment: Are you looking forward to curling? Why or why not?
Monday, Jan. 23 and 30th - Curling
Friday, Feb. 10 - Field trip Planetarium
Monday, Feb. 13 - Family Day (BC)
Friday, Feb. 17 - Pro D