What a great way to start the day - helping our buddies create a Cinquain about Fall and teaching them how to use Book Creator on the iPads! We also finally were able to paint our clay masks today. Can't wait to see how they all turn out on Monday.
1) Journal #9 due on Sunday night.
2) Skating notice due on Tuesday
3) Add your Fall write to your e-portfolio. Copy and paste your write into a new post on the LA section. Add the Learning Intention: I can create a personal piece of writing that uses descriptive language to paint a portrait, starts with a strong leads and focuses on one main idea. ALso, add what you learned comment.
4) Check out on of your peers websites and add a comment to one of their pages - this could be a journal or something that has been uploaded to the e-portfolios.
5) Work on your website. Since there is very little homework this weekend all of you should spend some time ensuring your website is up to date. Check for pictures, learning intentions, blank pages.
6) Bring in any newspapers you have at home. We will need these for our current events focus next week.
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass