Hard to believe it is June tomorrow. Where did the year go? Everyone enjoys Fridays when we get to start the day with buddies. I enjoyed watching the interactions this morning as students read to each other and then played card games.
Once we moved on to buddies I had a chance to sit in on a group of students who were discussing Iqbal. This group exemplified what book talks are all about; there was no teacher direction needed as each contributed questions, built on each other's ideas, listened respectfully and helped to develop a deeper understanding of the book.
In the afternoon students gathered in their extreme environment groups to work on their projects. It is going to be a push on Monday and Tuesday to have these completed for presentation on Wednesday.
1) LA - draft of the Right of the Child assignment. This must be shown and approved before students can begin using Comic Life on Monday
- work on your third and final response. This will be due on Wednesday so it is recommended you begin now. You will receive your 2nd response back on Monday and will be able to implement the feedback then.
- read and blog. I have noticed that the conversations have dwindled. Take time to read other posts and respond to engage the thinking.
2) Math - complete worksheet 6.3 and 6.4 for Monday
3) Science - make sure you have completed your part of the written portion on the project. Each group member is required to hand in a formal short essay piece with bibliography. Please read the criteria that has been shared in google drive.
Parents: please help out the PAC by contributing to our class basket. The theme is Spa. if you wish to donate money this can be done and then the PAC will purchase items to go in the basket.
A video to provoke some thought. Change the words. Change the world.
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass