When students were not busy learning their dances they were working in groups to develop a plan of what the classrooms and intermediate open area should look like for the Christmas season. Imagine 138 grade 6 and 7 students all working together in a small space with rolls of mural paper, construction paper flying, glitter smeared, and beads being strung! Somehow we all survived.
To add one final addition to the day - it was hat day. There were many fun and silly hats worn by the students. Mrs. Van and I did not plan to wear the same hat - what a surprise!
1) Journal #10 due for Sunday. If you have time please respond to a peer's post from this week or last. This is not assigned for this weekend but one will need to occur for the beginning of the week so if you have the time get it done this weekend. I will not assign who you respond to, this is your choice.
2) Socials - complete the summary and opinion section on the current events worksheet. The summary is for you to put the 5Ws into your own words. Make sure you fully understand the article, read it over with a parent and discuss it with them. This discussion will allow you to better understand what the issue is and what the article is about. Begin to practise for your presentation day which will either be on Tuesday or Wednesday.
3) Math - please see Thursday for homework.
3) Christmas Hamper Drive and Toonie drive - We have set a goal of bringing in 100 items from our class. At this point we have collected 56 items with the majority of students not contributing yet. We can do this easily so let's all remember, if we have not done so, to bring in items for the drive next week.
4) Castle Fun Park notices are due on Tuesday. We are in need of drivers.
Castle Fun Park - Friday, December 7
Report Cards - Friday, December 7
Parent Teacher Interviews/Early Dismissal - Tuesday, December 11 and Wednesday, December 12
Book Fair - Week of December 10 - 14
Christmas Musical - Tuesday, December 18 and Wednesday, December 19 (It will be determined early next week which date our class will be performing on)