What a busy day. With the Olympic opening ceremonies this morning, making apple sauce with our buddies before recess, and then more sharing of our cultures it seemed to be a whirlwind day.
The students and I had a chance to try some tasty homemade food from both India and Slovakia, as well. The goodies from Slovakia was our 'before recess' treat than warm vegetable pakoras and sweet gulab jamans were quickly consumed just before lunch. So, so yummy!
1) Math - grade 6s - test on Wednesday; Chapter review pages 235/236 to work on over the long weekend. Use your cue cards!
- grade 7s - Mr. Hong - pg 84/85 #1,3,4,8
- Mrs. Farrell - pg. 77/78 # 1 - 12
- Mrs. Van- pg 2.10 worksheet
2) Socials - complete eportfolio (reflection and LI) LI - I can demonstrate an understanding of the diversity of my culture.
3) Reliability test - Using the CRAAP test (shared on Drive) choose one website resource you used for your Culture Project and prove it is a reliable resource. Do this on google doc and share with me.
4) Genius Hour : Complete List for Tuesday
- 10 things you love to do and love to learn
- 10 things you are good at
- 10 things you wonder
5) Continue to update your eportfolios. I have noticed that quite a number of you have not updated in a very long time. Art, Math, Socials, LA all need your attention. Images, LIs and reflection of what you learned need to be included.
6) Comment: Your choice this weekend
Tuesday, Feb. 11 - Multicultural Day - Bring an item of food to share, if you can, from your home country. We will be sharing these items within our classroom as a feast for lunch! Also, wear your traditional clothing if you have some.
The afternoon will be the Olympic Games in the gym.
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass