Beautiful day, lots of energy, many smiles! We continued to read The One and Only Ivan today and managed to find time for some very good conversation around many questions the students had. I am impressed at the kinds of questions now being asked - most students have moved well beyond simple questions to deep thinking questions.
1) Math Grade 7s - pg. 55 # 3- 6, 9 - due Monday
Grade 6s - pg 217/218 #1 - 9 - due Monday
2) Grad wear notices due next Friday. Please try on items before placing an order to ensure correct sizing.
3) Clay workshop Notice
4) LA/Photography - start to build a portfolio of photos you my use to support the ideas behind your fall write. This weekend will be a good time to play with you ideas and take lots of shots.
5) Website - please see yesterdays information about what you need to do to ensure your website is up to date.
6) Please complete the Community Questionnaire I sent to your gmail.
7) Precept banners due on Monday
Adding and Subtracting Fractions
Improper Fractions to Mixed Numbers
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass