The energy level was considerably different today than yesterday. The trick or treating last night caused some to be very tired. Not such a bad thing as all were very settled and focused on their work today. Students worked hard on their Science projects about The 5 Kingdoms. The project is due tomorrow so many last minute items, such as creating a correctly formatted bibliography, were part of the tasks. In Language Arts students learned the importance of starting our writing with a strong hook or lead. These were applied to our Fall writes.
1) Science project due Friday. Please see your google drive for a copy of the criteria if you have lost it. Go through each of the items ensuring you have followed the correct criteria. Please use either CItation Machine or Bibme as the bibliography citing tools.
2) Journal - please write for 15 minutes tonight in your journal. Halloween would be a great topic. Remember that you can post anytime this week for your #6 entry on your website. Waiting until Sunday night is not necessary. Just remember to follow the criteria for a polished p
3) Photography - I hope that you have begun your portfolio of pictures that will be used in connection to your Fall write. We will introduce the actual format and details at the beginning of next week so getting a head start would be great.
4) Math Grade 6s - pg 228, #3,5,6,7; grade 7s - worksheet
5) Ski notices
6) Grad wear orders due tomorrow.
7) Clay workshop forms - still some to come in. We need parent drivers, please.
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 27 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family and friends.
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass
100 Word Challenge
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Multiplying Decimals 2
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President