Using feedback from peers is one of the most influential factors in student improvement. Working with a partner, students gave feedback, using criteria, to help each other with their first formal combined journal response. The next step is for all the students to use this feedback tonight as they work to revise this assignment.
What makes an environment extreme? This was one of many questions I posed to the class today as we move forward in learning why humans like to explore these areas. Next week students will be given a chance to show their researching skills as they work to discover more about each of the extreme environments.
1) LA - Read and blog. The Lost Riders group must blog tonight as they are behind in this.
- Complete the combined journal for Friday. Please have a copy printed off. You will need to include your draft as well as the peer editing sheet.
- Character tree (best work) due Friday.
2) Math - quiz corrections due Friday - show your work
- requiz on Tuesday
- project due date Tuesday (this has been changed)
3) Grade 7 Year Book paragraph - due Friday
4) Hot lunch order - due Friday
5) Cowboy Day on Friday - dress up in hat, boots, plaid shirts....
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass