Tomorrow we will be celebrating the start of the 2014 Olympic games by wearing our Canadian colours, and/or Canadian Olympic attire. Students have also been encouraged to bring in memorabilia that we can create a display in our class. Next week we will be hosting out own mini olympic games for the grade 6 and 7s - this will be loads of fun for everyone.
1) Math - grade 6s - test on Wednesday; Chapter review pages 235/236 to work on over the long weekend. Use your cue cards!
- grade 7s - Mr. Hong - pg 84/85 #1,3,4,8
- Mrs. Farrell - pg. 77/78 # 1 - 12
- Mrs. Van- pg 2.10 worksheet
2) LA - bring all evidence of writing for the heroism piece from the first draft in your writing books to the final copy. Also, have your self-assessment andpeer assessment sheets at school.
3) Socials - those who presented today need to update their eportfolios. See Tuesday's homework post for guidance.
4) Bring an apple and apple peeler for Friday
5) Comment: As we are getting ready to start our second session of Genius Hour many wonderings have been popping into my brain each day. I wonder why the full moons have such an affect on human behaviour. I wonder how acupuncture works. I wonder how the Ancient Egyptians created the obelisks. This is just the beginning. What do your wonder about? Share your wonderings about the world. Read your peers' comments and respond to theirs if they have shared something that intrigues you as well. (Check your work before hitting the publish button!)
Feb. 6 and 7 - Candy Grams Orders being taken. Each Candy Gram is $1 a bag.
Friday, Feb. 7 - Olympic Day - wear your Canadian gear from the 2010 Olympics or any Canadian items. Bring your souvenirs, or wear red and white. Let's Go Canada!
Tuesday, Feb. 11 - Multicultural Day - Bring an item of food to share, if you can, from your home country. We will be sharing these items within our classroom as a feast for lunch! Also, wear your traditional clothing if you have some.
The afternoon will be the Olympic Games in the gym.
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass