Today Divisions 1 and 5 started to discuss the basics behind a great photograph. Interesting subject, different perspective, rule of thirds, busy background, leading and converging lines were the topics covered by Ms Findlay today. Photography is a subject that creates lots of excitement. Start thinking about the types of photos you might want to take to hone your skills.
1) Math grade 6s - pg 211 #3 - 6; grade 7s pg 47 #1, 3, 4
2) LA - post a comment in the visualization section of your group on Onlyivan.weebly.com
3) Complete the following survey for the Surrey School District. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Innovative4-7
4) Begin to experiment with your photography skills. You will need to complete one photo, can be more, that you will submit for Monday. Download any photos and put then on Google Presentation on Google Drive. Remember to think Fall and what you think off when Fall comes as this will be the basis for your writing piece. If you do not have access to a device at home for taking pictures please make sure you ask to borrow an ipad on Wednesday.
5) Math test needs to be signed and returned for Wednesday (except for Mr. Hong's group).
Photos taken last year by division 1 students.
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass