1) LA - show revision according to next steps on your fall write. Ensure this is done in a new color of pen so that your learning is evident. - due Wednesday
Personification - using human characteristics to describe an object. For example - "The sun was smiling down on the crowd"
Analogy - comparing two different things. For example, "The snow falling reminds me of a butterfly in summer." An analogy may be a simile as it may use like or as.
Simile - using as or like to compare two things. "The snow fluttered down as softly as a butterfly moving through the air." "I was wrapped up like a parcel bundled in Santa's sleigh.
2) Journal - write for 15 minutes on either Super Storm Sandy and our preparedness for these kinds of natural disasters, or write on a topic of your choice. Bring to school for Wednesday.
3) Math - grade 6s - pg 224/225 #3-6, 9, 10; Grade 7s worksheet 2.3
4) Science - project is due on Friday. Use your criteria to check off what you have done and what still needs to be worked on. The website Ms Chapman shared with us today is Citation Machine.
5) Website updates - your fixes from your peer feedback has been pushed back to Friday - too many things this week to add this to the load.
5) Clay workshop notices - we are in need of drivers if anyone is able to take us on this day.
6) Grad wear orders are due this Friday.