Division 1 welcomed more visitors to our class this morning. Two high school teachers came by to check how we learn at Hillcrest. All the students made me proud of their ability to articulate their learning and showcase what we do on a daily basis - truly engaged learners.
1) Math - Middleton 3.3 worksheet; Findlay pg 302 # 1-6; Hong pg 297 #1-3; Wilson worksheet corrections
2) Photography reflection. Please complete your reflection for your imovie.The three statements to reflect on are: WHat am I doing well? What do I need to work on/improve? How am I going to get there? Be specific with your explanations.
3) Photography - you saw through examples of your peers as well as with our discussion today what makes a powerful image. how can we tell a powerful digital story. many of you need to take new photos so that you can work with these tomorrow.
4) Socials - choose a newspaper article that focuses on a current issue Check with your parents so that you are clear of the issue. Print of this article. If you took one from school please be sure to read it thoroughly and aks your parents for help in clarifying what it is about.
5) Gardening gloves and tools - bring for tomorrow.
Skating on Thursday - bring your gear
Castle Fun Park - bring in your notices
Cloverdale Christmas Hamper Drive - please bring in non perishable food items, toiletries, new toys, gift cards, clothing items
Toonie drive to support needy families in our community - sponsored by our PAC
Hat Day on Friday
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass