It was a bit of a cold walk this morning as Divisions 1 to 5 made our way to Clayton Heights for the band performance. I feel it was well worth the frozen faces. We were entertained by all the bands grade 8 through 12 wtih the Jazz band finishing off the performance. I hope many of our students will consider playing band next year as it is an opportunity to meet new people and learn a skill that will take you through life.
1) LA - Heroism - grade 7 final copy (printed off at home if possible or before school if need be) due Wednesday. Grade 6s - due Thursday.
2) Math - grade 6s - pg 228 #3-12
grade 7s - Mr. Hong - test tomorrow
- Mrs. Farrell - pg 72/73 #2-8
- Mrs. Van- pg 73 #1,3,4,9
3) Socials - be ready to present. Those who have presented need to get all your documents to me, as well as share your presentation.
- update your eportfolio: Share an image of your presentation (screenshot) and complete a small reflection. Share 2 things that you learned that you didn't know before. Describe one thing that you found different in your heritage country to that of Canada.
LI - I can demonstrate an understanding of the diversity of my culture.
4) Comment: Learning about your heritage you will have compare your knowledge to that of Canadian Culture. What is one similarity and one difference between the two cu;ltures. Think beyond the obvious.
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass