It was nice to see the sun again allowing the kids one more day to enjoy the snow.
Students had a chance to begin a self reflection on their Social Studies projects. Using a rubric students worked through their projects looking for evidence of their learning. Almost every aspect of this assignment is now on their drives allowing for easy access for student, parents and myself. I just love technology.
1) Math: grade7s - 3.3 worksheet
grade 6s - Mr. Rayat 298/299 #2-4,6,8,9,15
- Mrs. Van - worksheet
2) Science Quiz tomorrow - study the microscope and wet mount sheets.
3) French - complete first 3 questions from the postcard
4) Socials - Self reflection - complete and save to your Culture Project file on google drive. Email me once done so I can email you the assessment I have done.
5) Genius Hour - next work session Thursday morning. Be ready to fill in the first parts of the KWL Chart.
6) Swimming Notice
7) Raffle tickets due soon. Please return if you have not already done so.7) Boys check what snow pants you took home - someone has Artemis' snow pants.
Comment and Video Link - Grade 7s - this made an incredible impact on you last year, it has left a lasting impression and many have asked me to repost. Grade 6s - this is so very important filled with messages that speak to each of us directly.
Please respond to this video. Watch it carefully. What do you learn from it? What message(s) does this share about how we can change bullying? Remember to edit before you hit publish!
Anti bullying Day tomorrow - Wear PINK!
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass