The colors on the leaf tells me its fall but the warmth and sun are feeling pretty summerish. No complaining here - loving this October Vancouver weather.
We took some time to get a few organizational details out of the way today. With the start of the year feeling rushed there were items such as organizing binders and duotangs that had not occured. I am sure the students feel much more settled with this piece now done.
We have another Mystery Skype booked for tomorrow morning - Division 1 will be continuing to expand on their global connections.
1) Math - grade 7s - nothing assigned, review of concepts and multiplication tables would be beneficial
- grade 6s - worksheet
2) Global Read Aloud response - revise if you wish to improve on what you have done so far. We will blog these tomorrow.
3) Ice Skating notice
4) Photos for Thursday - USB preferred
5) Questionnaires - please see Monday's post for link to student and parent questionnaires
***6) Notices to be returned: Please check below for your initials. According to my records these notices and form have not been returned. Please do so ASAP. If you have returned one that I have listed please see me in the morning and I apologize for the error.
Grade 6s - ELB - Green class parent/list form
- BD - SFU letters, Gr 6 immunization,multi notice (walk about neighbourhoodm media...,
- NG - Gr 6 immunization
- AH - planner money, office information form
- IH - Gr 6 immunization
- BJ - class parent/list (green)
- TK - class parent/list (green)
Grade 7s - HB - class parent/list (green)
- KH - office information form
- TM - office information form, class parent/list (green)
- LW - office information form, class parent/list (green)
Comment: Which is your favorite season of the year? Write a minimum of three sentences that includes details and explanations as to why. Use WRITERS MUMBLE before publishing!
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass