Our much anticipated tables arrived yesterday so we spent the morning rearranging the class. We are now settled and the students are loving the bigger space with which to work. The reading nook has also become a very popular place to be. After recess we spent time skypeing with Mrs. Kirr's class from the Chicago area. Even though the video link did not work as well as we would have liked, we were able to communicate with them and get to know their thoughts around The One and Only Ivan.
Just a reminder that Friday is a Pro- D day - school not in session.
1) Quote - choose one quote and bring it to school on Thursdsay. It must have deep meaning for you, a motto with which you want to live your life. My precept, quote is "Be the change you wish to see in the world" by M. Gandhi.
2) Interims went home today. Have a parent sign and return on Monday
3) Photography - due Monday - one photo using the skills learned from Ms Findlay. It must be loaded to a google presentation. You may have more than one if you wish.
4) Math grade 7s - pg 47 #2, pg 48 #5b, 6b
5) Journal - publish a journal entry by Sunday night. This will be #4 on your journal page on your website. You may choose your own topic or one done in class this week.
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass