So much amazing learning again today. Gathering evidence of our learning and putting this together on a portfolio helps us realize where we started and where we ended up. It is important for all (parents and students) to recognize the learning that has taken place, the improvements that have been made rather than just judging by a final grade. The students of division one are embracing this and recognizing that the learning needs to be the focus, and needs to be celebrated! Students put together a compilation of their learning with our writing unit. They now each have evidence of where they have improved and where growth still needs to occur. Our Evernote sites have been great for this.
We also spent time today improving our Digital Stories on iMOvie. Yesterday we developed criteria and today students had a chance to improve their work. I am impressed with how much growth occurred in two days.
1) LA - respond to the question I post under 'Reflection of Learning'.
2) Continue to take photos for the imovies.
3) Socials - bring an article to school that can be used to complete a summary sheet.
4) Those who have not created a new post in LA E-Portfolio with your fall write and the learning intentions please do so tonight. Many of your peers have completed this already so have a look at their LA section.
1) Bring your skating gear tomorrow. The rink is cold so be prepared and dress warmly (gloves are always a good idea). Helmets are mandatory.
2) Hat Day on Friday
3) Christmas Hamper Drive and Toonie drive - all to support the less fortunate families in Cloverdale.
4) Castle Fun Park Notices due next week - field trip date is Friday, Dec. 7
5) Hot Lunch notices
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass