It was so interesting to hear about Austria, China and the Ukraine today from the students that presented. Some very unique information was included in each of their projects. Having the actual items such as clothing and food with one of the presentations was also a special treat. The students have learned a tremendous amount about where they came from and the culture that makes them who they are today.
1) LA - grade 6s - watch for feedback coming to you in the next couple of hours. Once received apply the feedback and print the final copy of the Heroism mini essay. Be sure to include a title and your name. Remove the subheadings of Paragraph A and B if you have those.
- all students - make sure to have all the pieces of writing and assessment that was done throughout the process of this piece. These will be used as evidence of your learning.
2) Math- grade 6s - worksheeet
grade 7s - Mr. Hong -no homework
- Mrs. Farrell - pg 74 All
- Mrs. Van- pg 77/78 #1,3,4,6 to 9, 11,13,15
3) Socials - Thursday's presenters - practise tonight
- for those who presented today update your eportfolio. Include the LI then a reflection. If you have a prezi we will work on uploading this tomorrow. If you have a google presentation, share but view only. Take a screenshot of part of your presentation to use as your image. Edit before publishing!
LI - I can demonstrate an understanding of the diversity of my culture.
4) Comments - Today we learned even more new things about different cultures around the world. From all you have heard so far what has been of most interest to you? What has made you go, "really?" What has been something completely new that you did not know? I learned about the chicken from Portugal and that it is a sign you will be treated fairly in life if you are an honest person (you can't use mine!)
If you have souvenirs from the 2010 Olympics and you wish to bring them to put in the showcase or in the class please do so over the next couple of days.
Feb. 6 and 7 - Candy Grams Orders being taken. Each Candy Gram is $1 a bag.
Friday, Feb. 7 - Olympic Day - wear your Canadian gear from the 2010 Olympics or any Canadian items. Bring your souvenirs, or wear red and white. Let's Go Canada!
Tuesday, Feb. 11 - Multicultural Day - Bring an item of food to share, if you can, from your home country. All of the grade 6&7s will be sharing these items. You will not need to feed the crowd just a small amount to share. Also, wear your traditional clothing.
The afternoon will be the Olympic Games in the gym.
I am a grade 7 teacher who has been teaching in the Surrey School District for over 28 years. I love to read, garden, walk, and spend time with family, friends and my golden retriever Kona.
Copy Free Images
You can also use Google, just remember to set up your advanced settings to allow free or commercial use images only
Find Grampy Difficult
Batter's Up Baseball
Division without decimals
Math Antics - Percentages
Finding a Percent
Percent Word Problems
Percent of a Whole Number
Khan Academy - more on Percents
Parts of A Microscope
Wet Mount Microscopy
San Diego Zoo
Gorillas in Rwanda
Classification of Life
CNN for Kids
Time for Kids
Pencil Crayon Shading and Blending
Creativity Requires Time
Moon Shot Thinking
Obvious To You, Amazing To Others
A Pep Talk from Kid President
Follow our class on twitter @middletonsclass